Chamberlain Countryman 354 Parking Brake

2 posts

Member for

7 years 10 months

Chamberlain Countryman 354 Parking Brake

Hi,

I have a question please for those of you in Tractorland.

I've recently begun using a Chamberlain Countryman 354.  To assist in identification, the Chamberlain brand originated in Western Austria in the late 40's until sometime aroun the 70's-80's became owned by John Deere before winding up in the mid to late 80's i believe.

Tha machine in question is a 92hp powered by a Perkins 6-354 6cyl engine and designed for broadacre farming - no 3pt linkage.

Did this tractor ever have a parking brake - for times when having to stop on a slope to open a gate or whatever?  Some earlier model tractors (eg Ferguson 35) had some sort of ratchet system attached to the brake pedals.  This machine doesn't appear to have this feature and there is no mention of any parking brake to be found in the operator's handbook.  Making up something is a possibility but before embarking on this, has anyone any information on this please?

I would be grateful of someone can asssist - thank you.

A question to Chamberlain 354 users/experts.

I'm trying to establish where on the tractor I can locate some or all of the age and specs details for a tired/pre loved 354 to help the executor of a WA based deceased estate sell the tractor once probate granted.

Please reply here but also perhaps call me on 0402226444

Our Sponsors

•  
  • Rivendell finance

Our Partners

•  Rivendell finance