Property Insurance

FarmStyle Forums

1 reply [Last post]

Property Insurance

hlcrouch's picture
Joined: 01/12/2017

Hi, we are about to purchase 100 acres near Ballarat in Victoria and will need to insure the property.  Wondering if anyone has any advice for two complete novices?


admin's picture
Joined: 28/02/2011
Hi hlcrouch,
With regards to the question on insurance, as a minimum (on the assumption that I know little about the infrastructure on the property) you will require the following cover:
- Domestic structures (home & contents) - accidental damage
- Farm structures (farm sheds, tools, improvements) - fire, storm and perils
- Livestock - fire cover
- Fencing  - fire cover
- Farm Liability - third party property damage and personal injury
- Farm motor (tractors, quads\atv's, small farm machinery etc) - this can be covered for fire & theft or if registered and taken on road then also ability to cover third party. Alternatively they can take comprehensive cover this will include the above and accidental damage.
This is not an exhaustive list but will hopefully provide you with some assistance. If you are interested I can send a proposal and go through the formal quoting process.
Alex Cohn
Agguard insurance

Our Sponsors

Our Partners