- "Home is more about what it means to you as opposed to the place / furnishings itself";
- "Any home is a good home";
- "Shed homes can be lovely as long as they have creature comforts"; and
- "I like being a minimalist"
- "I have done so already. Would consider doing it again";
- "It would be all that I need";
- "I can build my own house energy efficient and homely";
- "Small and easy to manage. Privacy. Low cost"; and
- "Would love to live in something like that, wide open plenty of room unlike the apartment I am in at the moment"
Location: Rural housing solutions
Rural Australians were particularly receptive to the shed home, with the survey finding that people in rural areas were more likely to consider this form of accommodation than their urban counterparts.
The rural respondents noted that the home would provide all that they need, with many showing preference for a minimalist lifestyle.
The responses from their urban counterparts also contained a yearning for a simpler more spacious lifestyle. The responses also noted the appeal of cheaper housing that still met their requirements and standards of living - something that is becoming less common in urban areas.
For further information visit Sheds n Homes